Hola my dear Mommies!
Firstly my heartily congratulations on your pregnancy! You are in your most important and enjoyable phase of life.
Being a mother is not an option, It is a choice!
Of course every pregnant woman wishes for normal delivery. Even studies say,
A unmedicated, natural childbirth is very much achievable for about 85 percent of pregnant women.
The only remaining 15 percent may have some complications and end up in external medical interventions (such as C-Section) for safer delivery.
Also normal delivery helps for a healthy post-delivery recovery. So here I curated some useful pregnancy tips for normal delivery, which I followed during my pregnancy.
Table of Contents
1. Choosing your Doctor
- Once you confirm that you are pregnant the next step is to reconfirm your pregnancy with your doctor.
- The doctor will confirm your pregnancy by urine or blood test.
- It is important to choose the best hospital with 24/7 emergency care and of course best obstetrician-gynaecologist (OB-GYN).
- Prefer the nearest hospital from your residence.so that in case of emergency it will be helpful. Also, prefer hospital with all pregnancy-related services like scans and tests.
- So that you need
notroam to get the results from one place and visit the doctor in another place.
- Also, some doctors won’t be available on weekends so confirm with your gyno that she will be available whenever labour pain starts.
- Don’t forget to get your doctors phone number in case of an emergency.
2. Prenatal Vitamins
Do not miss to take your prenatal tablets prescribed by your gyno.
I was prescribed with Folic, Iron and Calcium supplements during the whole 9 months.
- Folic – lowers the risk of birth defects.
- Iron -Iron-rich foods should be consumed in order to prevent anaemia. Helps to secrete more blood to mother and baby during pregnancy.
- Calcium -Calcium is essential for baby’s bones and teeth growth. It also helps to prevent blood pressure and preterm birth.
You may also be prescribed with other supplements. Also, know the importance of having each supplement with your doctor.
Do not take any medication without your doctor’s advice.
3. Ultrasound Scans
Don’t skip your ultrasound procedure. Ultrasound is the best way to determine the estimated date of delivery.
Dating scan: 7-9 weeks
- To hear a baby’s heartbeat.
- To find many weeks you are pregnant and
- Estimated date of delivery.
NT scan: 11-14 weeks.
- NT scan is usually offered with a blood test.
- Helps to detect the baby’s risk of having down syndrome. Know more about down syndrome.
Anomaly scan: 20-22 weeks
- To find the growth of the baby and
- Also to find the position of your placenta.
4. Physical Activity
- Physical activity is best for you and your baby.
- I was advised to go walking max 45 mins per day.
- Walking helped me to reduce my back pain and also swelling of legs.
- Though during the 1st trimester i was not able to go walking due to morning sickness and vomiting.
- Still I started my walking from my 2nd trimester.
5. Wholesome Food
Though creating a positive environment, following doctor’s words, regular check-ups help you in a way to achieve healthy and normal pregnancy, your pregnancy won’t be healthy and normal unless and until you follow a healthy food habit. Here is a sample Diet guide to follow during pregnancy.
Do not hurry up while having your food. Sit comfortably and enjoy your food.
Know about the Importance of nutrition during pregnancy.
Water plays the most important role in one’s pregnancy. Water is also an important source of nutrition.
60% of your body’s weight is water.
When this water level decreases dehydration and several other problems occur.
Try to drink 3 litres of water/day in order to prevent yourself from constipation, piles, hypertension, etc.
- Get enough sleep at least 7-9 hours of sleep is necessary.
- For the 1st trimester, the sleeping position is unlikely to cause any complications.
- From 2nd trimester avoid sleeping on your tummy and back. But still sleeping on your back for a few mins is ok.
- Sleeping on your left side increases blood flow to your baby.
- Using pillows between your legs and your belly will help you get comfortable.
8. Fetal Movements
You may start experiencing fetal movements after 28 weeks. Report immediately if there is decreased fetal movements, leaking/bleeding per vagina or pain abdomen anytime during pregnancy.
- Avoid long-distance travel during the first trimester as you may experience morning sickess, fatigue, nausea.
- Best time to enjoy your baby moon is during the second trimester since you may have overcome your morning sickness and others.
- However consult your doctor before the travel and ensure that it is safe.
- Create a positive environment by surrounding yourself with positive people.
- Have only positive thoughts during your pregnancy.
- Be happy and enjoy your pregnancy.
- Do things whatever makes u happy.
- Read aloud to your baby your baby can hear you.
- Watch only feel good movies. Hear feel-good songs also make your baby hear.
- “Mother is the creator of child’s future”
11. Avoid Exposure to X-ray
This statement can be neither true nor false.
Know more about exposure to x-ray here>>
12. Quit Smoking/Alcohol/Drug intake
All these three are injurious to health for a normal person itself so for a pregnant woman it may lead to several major health problems to the baby and also for the mother.
13. Avoid Coffee/Tea/Carbonated drinks
Caffeine present in coffee, tea and carbonated drinks may lead to miscarrage.
14. Choose appropriate Clothing and Footwear
- Go for clothes which makes u feel comfortable cotton clothes helps u to feel comfortable.
- Also, choose loose and breathable clothes.
- Do not prefer wearing heels during pregnancy.
15. Monitor your Weight Gain
- Eating for you and your baby does not mean that you should have more quantity of food.
- It is about the quality of the food.
- Gradual weight gain indicates the healthy growth of the baby.
Bonus (Grandma’s touch)
This kashayam should be taken after the 7th month of pregnancy every night before going to bed until delivery.
Ingredients : (You can get these roots in Herbal shops.)
- Kurunthottiveru root
- Saranaveru root
- Wash few stems of both kurunthottiveru and saranaveru.
- Take 2 tumblers of water and boil it with both the veru.
- Wait until the water reduces to one tumbler.
- Now filter the water and allow it to cool.
- Drink the cooled water regularly after 7 months before going to bed.
- Reduces swelling of legs.
- Removes unwanted liquids from the body in the form of urine.
Do follow above Pregnancy tips!
I hope all these pregnancy tips would be helpful. All the best for your healthy pregnancy. Happy parenting!!
2 comments on “15 Useful Pregnancy Tips for Normal Delivery”
Great write up on Pregnancy tips. All your notes guides us to keep ourselves and baby healthy in a natural way.Keep up the amazing work!!
Hi Uma…Thank U for ur words????…cheers…keep readings????